Monday, June 24, 2013

Ruffles for a Baby Girl

In my previous post I showed you the card I made for my friend's daughter who is expecting a baby girl.

One of the Bridesmaids in my daughter's wedding this past weekend is also expecting a baby girl! She is my daughter's best friend and former college roommate. It was wonderful to see her and her husband. I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that she is going to be a mother soon.

I found an adorable card on Pinterest but unfortunately the original designer didn't watermark her card or provide a direct link so I can't give her credit. I would like to though because it is so creative.

This is my Stampin' Up! version. It is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4"
The original card used eyelet lace for the ruffles and did not include the little flower. For my card, I used a doily that I cut and layered and added a flower made with Simply Pressed Clay and a little Dazzling Diamond Glitter

I stamped and embossed the sentiment with white. See how it curves? That is the beauty of clear mount. I added some tape to the back of the stamp and curved it on the clear block so when I stamped it, it curved! 
To make the base of the ruffled panties, I cut a rectangular piece of card stock and found the center. Then I punched the leg openings with the Wide Oval Punch. The curve at the top was made with the Adorning Accent Edgelit and my new favorite toy: The Magnetic Platform!! Oh. My. Goodness. It works like a charm, keeping the framelit in place without tape or crossed fingers! Worth every penny.

Once I had the top and bottom cut, I cut an angle from leg opening to the top. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! If you would like to purchase any Stampin' Up! products, my Online Store is found Here.

Stamps: Sweet Essentials - still 25% off but only till June 30th.
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Whisper White craft, Pink Pirouette
Other: Doily, White Embossing Powder, Wide Oval Punch, Big Shot, Adorning Accent Edgelit, Magnetic Platform, White ribbon, Dazzling Diamond Glitter, Simply Pressed Clay, Blossoms and Button mold, Fancy Fan embossing folder, sponge.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

mathgirl said...

So cute! Thanks for the step-by-step directions.

Dodge3670 said...

How adorable!!! Thank you for sharing!

LeAnne said...

OMGoodness, this is so cute!

Pam Strobel said...

So so adorable Lisa, great way to use those bits of lacy pieces. TFS you always have inspiring projects!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

How cute is that! love it. hugs

Kat A said...

This is SO adorable!..I love it!...and we just found out one of our "kids" is having a girl!..Just in time!..
Love your designs!
Kat

Sheila said...

a really lovely cardovely card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...